This is a multi-pattern knit-a-long that starts on October 1st, 2016 and runs through December 25th. Four of the five patterns use fingering weight yarn and different types of colorwork to create a truly special pair of mitts, while the fifth is a great way to showcase a gradient color-change yarn. You can as always modify these patterns to make them suit your tastes so long as your finished project uses at least 250 yards of ESK yarn. Note that the "Comet" pattern will require some extra length to meet the yardage requirement, but we found many finished projects on Ravelry that did use this amount or more.
Prizes: You can earn 250 yards and .5 stars for your team by completing the Colorwork Space Mittens KAL.
How it Works
This knit-a-long officially begins on the first of October. Pick your yarn, maybe even get ambitious and do a swatch (while earning your Swatchbuckler badge!), and cast-on with your fellow ESKers in the Ravelry thread. When your project is done, head to your Yarnathon dashboard to submit your project and get your yardage and stars. Our goal is to have as many of you as possible finish your projects within the timeframe of the knit-a-long (truly knitting "along"), but we'll accept submissions for all 2016 knit-a-longs all the way up through December 25th to allow maximum participation.
Requirements for ALL knit-a-longs:
- All yarn should come from Eat.Sleep.Knit except for minor embellishments
- All projects should start on or after the start date for the knit-a-long and be completed and submitted by December 25th, 2016
- All projects should use the patterns or themes specified by the individual knit-a-long requirements
- Patterns can be modified for yarn weight, different edgings, sizing, or just about anything else you would like so long as your project still uses at least the same amount of yardage as the original pattern.
- All projects completed within the knit-a-long calendar timeframe will be eligible for the Ravelry prize drawings for that knit-a-long.
- Each customer is eligible for a maximum of 3,000 yards and 6 stars from knit-a-longs. No additional yardage or stars will be awarded past that point.